Last updated: January 1, 2017
What Information Do We Collect?
In order to enhance consumers’ experiences when using the Services, we collect the following types of information from users of the Service:
- Personal Information. We collect personally identifiable information you provide to us (“Personal Information”). You may volunteer certain information. Other information is required in order for you to use all of the Service’s features. For example, when you set up an account with us, you are required to provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, gender, birthday, hometown, high school name, and high school graduation year. If you schedule a session, you are also required to associate a valid credit or debit card with your account.
How Do We Use That Information?
- Our Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our everyday business purposes, such as to provide Services to you, to market our products and services to you, and to maintain your account with us. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information with companies related to us by common ownership or control, and they may use your Personal Information for their everyday business purposes.
- User Direction and Consent. We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client to access your account. We may also use your Personal Information to the extent you have provided your consent for us to do so. For example, if you authorize us to provide certain Personal Information about you to a particular college or university, we will. Similarly, after you request a session with a particular PEER Guide via our mobile app, we will share your contact information with that Guide so that he or she may contact you to schedule the session.
- Service Providers. From time to time, we may employ companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf (such as conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, or providing customer service). These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information, but only to the extent required to perform their assigned roles, and they may not use your Personal Information for any other reason.
- Compliance with Law. We may release Personal Information about you if we believe such a release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena or other legal process, if we believe that it is necessary to protect the safety of any person, or if we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or property.
We may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with us, and contact preferences. This information may be combined with information about you, which we gathered from other offline sources. We and our affiliates may use the information to design offers customized to your interests. For example, you may receive a special offer about college tours near your hometown.
How is Your Information Protected?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no security system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that information you provide to us will remain private. We also cannot guarantee that information you transmit to us over the internet will not be intercepted.
No Use of Our Services by Anyone Under 14
The Services are not intended for, and may not be used by, anyone under the age of 14. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the Services from visitors in this age group and, if we are notified of any inadvertent data collection, we will take prompt steps to delete any such personally identifiable information.
We may receive information about your location. For example, you may tell us your location when you set up your account. We may also determine location by using other data from your mobile device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services and to improve and customize the Services, for example, with more relevant content. You may elect on your mobile device to disable the sharing of location information, but that election may prevent us from providing all of the Services to you.
Communications by Email
If you submit an inquiry to us through our website or application, or otherwise email us for information, you consent to our responding to your inquiry electronically. If you decide for any reason that you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our email distribution list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each email. You may also opt out of receiving promotional materials by notifying us by mail, telephone, or email using the following contact information: email@example.com. Note, however, that this may limit our ability to respond to your inquiry and that we may still contact you by email, as necessary or permitted by law.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about the Services, but we ask that you do not send us any confidential or proprietary ideas, suggestions, materials, or other information relating to developing, designing, redesigning, modifying, providing, or marketing any of our products or services or any new products or services. With this in mind, if you choose to send to us via our website or mobile application any such information, including but not limited to feedback, data, questions, comments, product or service ideas, know-how, or suggestions (collectively, “Your Suggestions”), you agree that we will own Your Suggestions, and by submitting Your Suggestions to us, you assign to us all worldwide rights, title, and interest in and to Your Suggestions. We will not have any obligation to keep Your Suggestions confidential and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute Your Suggestions to others without limitation or liability. We may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques in Your Suggestions for any purpose whatsoever, including developing and marketing products or services that incorporate or otherwise embody Your Suggestions, without providing any notice, compensation, or attribution to you.
Third Party Links
For California Customers Only
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires certain California businesses to disclose, upon a customer’s written request, (i) a list of the kinds of personal information that the business has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, and (ii) the names and addresses of all of the third parties that received personal information from the business for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. Businesses must respond to such requests within 30 days, but they are only obligated to respond to one request from a customer in a calendar year.
If you are a current customer in California, you may request this disclosure by sending an email request to California@findyourpeer.com listing your name, address, and email address. You must also specifically indicate the nature of your request by including the following language or language substantially similar to it: “I request that you send me your third-party information sharing disclosures as required by California Civil Code Section 1798.83.” Alternatively, you may mail your request to the following address: PEER, P.O. Box 4662, Greenwich, CT 06831.
How to Contact Us